THE 29th ANNUAL GREAT SPORTS LEGENDS DINNER TO HONOR HAKEEM OLAJUWON, WARREN SAPP, PEDRO MARTINEZ, MARY LOU RETTON, BILL COWHER AND MORE
Tom Brokaw from NBC News to serve as Master of Ceremonies
July 2014 - The Buoniconti Fund will present the 29th Annual Great Sports Legends Dinner at the Waldorf Astoria on Monday, September 29, 2014. The annual event, hosted by NFL Hall of Famer Nick Buoniconti and his son Marc, and chaired by Mark Dalton, raises funds to support the ground-breaking spinal cord injury research done by researchers at The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis – the world’s most comprehensive spinal cord injury research center which is based at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Tom Brokaw will serve as Master of Ceremonies of the dinner, which honors philanthropic heroes and sports legends that inspire and motivate those affected by spinal cord injuries.
The celebration assembles sports legends, celebrities, philanthropic icons and corporate leaders to support the efforts of The Buoniconti Fund Board of Directors and numerous longtime benefactors.
The 2014 Great Sports Legends include:
• Hakeem Olajuwon - Basketball Hall of Famer
• Warren Sapp - NFL Hall of Famer
• Pedro Martinez - Eight-time MLB All-Star and three-time Cy Young Award winner
• Joe Sakic - NHL Hall of Famer
• Bill Cowher - Super Bowl winning coach
• Mary Lou Retton - Olympic Athlete
• Lauryn Williams - Olympic Athlete
Honorees for the evening include:
• Bill Simon will receive The Buoniconti Fund’s Outstanding Business Leader Award.
• Grant Hill will receive the 2014 Buoniconti Fund Award for his dedication to community service.
• Calvin Hill will also receive the 2014 Buoniconti Fund Award for his charitable works.
• Erik Compton will receive the 2014 Inspiration Award.
Tickets start at $850 per person and can be purchased by phone at (305)-243-4656. Sponsorships and opportunities to sit with legends are also available.
Friday, August 22, 2014
Summer Soiree Cocktail Reception
Smith & Wollensky Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Pre-Season Tailgate Party
Quantum Leap Winery
Saturday, September 6, 2014
2014 Comedy Show
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Cycle for a Cure
Sea Gull Century 26th Annual Race
Monday, September 29, 2014
29th Annual Great Sports
New York City, New York
Saturday, November 8, 2014
7th Annual Tampa Golf Classic
Westchase Golf Club
Friday, November 21, 2014
11th Annual Raise A Glass
For A Cure